Friday 9 September 2011

Parcels

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5607/salmon-and-leek-parcels


These salmon and leek parcels were easier to make than I expected. They turned out perfectly crisp and tasty. It seems I forgot to buy the fish, so had to make do with breaded fillets from the freezer, so I can’t imagine how good they’d be with salmon or any local white fish. Other changes I made were halving the leeks (only because I didn’t have enough) and then substituting fresh spinach and mushrooms, and doubling the fish and phyllo sheets, making four portions instead of two. I kept the amount of cheese the same though, and the result was something not so rich, as pastries made with phyllo often are. The only problem was separating the phyllo sheets, once thawed. A lot of them tore or couldn’t be separated, but I made do, and they still turned out well. Next time, I think I’ll serve them with a sweet pepper salsa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment